Jean Pierre Mujyambere is a research Fellow at the Human Rights Center.
Jean Pierre holds a Master’s degree (LLM) in International and European Public Law from the Erasmus School of Law of the University of Rotterdam/ The Netherlands (2014). He also holds an Advanced Master in Human Rights ( Master Complémentaire en Droits de l’Homme) from the Leuven Academy in Belgium (2008). This programme is thought at the Saint-Louis University of Brussels but conjointly with the Catholic University of Leuven (Louvain-La-Neuve) and the University Notre Dame de Paix of Namur. He also holds a bachelor’s degree in law from the National University of Rwanda (2002).
His current research interests at the Human Rights Centre is about addressing human rights violations by multinational corporations in Africa: The potential of the African regional and sub-regional mechanisms.
FIRST NAME AND LAST NAME Jean-Pierre Mujyambere
POSITION PhD Research Fellow
TELEPHONE +32 (0)9 264 84 97
FAX +32 (0)9 264 69 95
SECRETARIAT +32 (0)9 264 69 51
POSTAL ADDRESS Ghent University, Campus Aula, Constitutional Law & Human Rights Centre, Universiteitstraat 4, 9000 Ghent, Belgium
• LL.M. in International and European Public Law, Erasmus School of Law of the University of Rotterdam, The Netherlands (2014)
● Advanced Master in Human Rights (Master Complémentaire en Droits de l’Homme) from the Leuven Academy in Belgium (2008)
● Bachelor’s degree in Law from the National University of Rwanda, Butare ( Huye) Cumpus (2002)
● Member of the Administration Council of the Association Ubuntu- Initiative for Peace and Development in the Great Lakes Region of Africa based in Brussels
● Consultant in domain of justice and human rights in the Great Lakes region of Africa
MUJYAMBERE, J., The access to effective remedies for victims of Multinational Corporations human rights abuses committed in the African Union Member States, Groningen Journal of International Law, Vol 5, No.2, University of Groningen, 2017.
MUJYAMBERE, J., The International Criminal Court (ICC) and the prosecution of international crimes committed in Africa: A contestation between the African Union and the ICC over the cases of the two Kenyan leaders, Master Thesis in International and European Public Law, Erasmus School of Law, University Rotterdam, October 2014.
MUJYAMBERE, J., La Poursuite en Justice des Responsables des Crimes du Droit Humanitaire Pénal : Cas des responsables des massacres des réfugiés Tutsi Congolais à Gatumba (Burundi) du 13 Aout 2004, Master complémentaire en Droits de l’Homme, Facultés Universitaires Saint Louis de Bruxelles, 2008.
MUJYAMBERE, J, Elusive Justice for Victims of Abdulay Yerodia’s International Crimes of August 1998 in Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC), under revision for publication.
All publications by Jean-Pierre Mujyambere are listed in the ‘Ghent University Academic Bibliography’,